Thanksgiving Is Ruined

The Personal is Political. The Political is Personal.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
April 26, 2007
 
But thou read'st black where I read white.

Northrop Frye was no graduate of Regent University School of Law:

I find the Gospels most unpleasant reading for the most part.

The mysterious parables with their lurking & menacing threats, the emphasis placed by Christ on himself & his uniqueness & and on a "me or else" attitude, the displaying of miracles as irrefutable stunts, & the pervading sense of delusion about the end of the world . . . .

I'm a Blakean, a visionary disciple . . . .

I'm always torn between feeling that the cock crows because he has a vision of the dawn or because he feels stimulated by standing on top of a pile of horsesh_t.

The above excerpted from some published    volumes of Frye's notebooks, as reviewed in the April 2007 Literary Review of Canada.


(title at the top is from Blake's "Everlasting Gospel")