Thanksgiving Is Ruined

The Personal is Political. The Political is Personal.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
October 11, 2004
 
why blog?

Here's one guy's answer:

But "why then publish?" -- There are no rewards
Of fame or profit when the world grows weary.
I ask in turn -- Why do you play at cards?
Why drink? Why read? -- To make some hour less dreary.
It occupies me to turn back regards
On what I've seen or ponder'd, sad or cheery;
And what I write I cast upon the stream,
To swim or sink -- I have had at least my dream.
from Byron's Don Juan (Canto # 14, stanza XI, actually) which I am getting distracted from constantly. As is perfectly appropriate for that work.

What's that you say? Byron did not publish on the internets? He wrote the above some 180 years before the advent of blogs?

Oh, in that case: nevermind.