Thanksgiving Is Ruined

The Personal is Political. The Political is Personal.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
March 06, 2006
 
requiring substantial mobilization

Before I toss the paper version of NACLA's Nov-Dec. 2005 Report into the recycling bin, I am glad to discover that the freakiest quote in the issue can be found on-line. I shall preserve a link here, in case I ever feel the need to have something readily at hand that will enable me to achieve a facial expression where my jaw drops and my eyes bug out.

Without a major war requiring substantial mobilization and lasting years ... contemporary immigrants will have neither the opportunity nor the need to affirm their identity with and their loyalty to America as earlier immigrants have done.

The quote is from S. Huntington's 2004 Who Are We?

Robert Lovato writes about the quote and attendant issues here and here.