Thanksgiving Is Ruined

The Personal is Political. The Political is Personal.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
March 06, 2007
 
It's educational

Last night I dreamed that during a discussion in a classroom I said to my classmates:
"I feel like I've jumped immediately from being someone learning only about how always to be too young, to someone learning only about how to be aging, with no time in the middle where I got to learn how just to be."


This statement nearly woke me up, it was such a cliché.

A guy sat along the outside wall of the classroom. He looked like a combo of the old Samuel Beckett and the bloated, bleary Kerouac in his infamous 1968 appearance on "Firing Line." He watched the discussion. He said nothing. The scleras of his eyes were blood red. This did wake me up, I think.