Thanksgiving Is Ruined

The Personal is Political. The Political is Personal.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
July 03, 2007
 
TiR delivers the horrible truth "you" don't want to hear:



"I know you don't want to hear this, but" . . .



they're making "natural" Cheetos now.

any contact with pyrite and acid (any type) is not good.

I have gone days without showering because I don't get a chance during the day, and in the evening I'm too tired to move.

you're hurting no one but yourself when you step outside in a sweatpants and a hair net.

this post too is destined to spiral into foul mouthed opinion.

the seat should be down. Because it's just considerate to your significant other.

it sounds as if the train to divorce has already left the station.

it is probably too late to salvage this relationship.

the best thing to do is break up with him.

. . . . I'm sorry things didn't work out between you and Spock.

church is an excellent place to hook-up.

it is prison officials, jail officials that causes men to be f-cked in prison.

it instantly made me think of the bike shorts!

you've forgotten to put the landing gear down and the runway's getting close.

my hip problems (more recent) changed for the better when I gave-up badminton and upped my ceilidh dancing.

getting married will give you a lot more satisfaction in the long run than your BMW.

you should only take prescription hormones under a Doctor's care.

leave your high heels at home!

but someone has to say it... You are out of control! I mean, come on! They're just shoes, let it go!

a DELL XPS 1210 blew up here in Taipei right in front of one of the other guys here.

everything Mulder told you was the truth."

pro sports teams and leagues aren't interested in unsolicited uniform designs -- don't bother.

you may be too heavy for the camber of your skis.

if he dies on us he's going to come back. He's going to come back hungry.

I wouldn't be able to sleep without at least offering this advice -- run like hell from Life College and the chiropractic profession.

I probably wouldn't do this in an email. I would call or set up a meeting to talk about it.

the best way to ensure blooms is to protect your hydrangeas in the winter months by covering them with burlap or thermal blanket once they loose their leaves in the fall.

it's off to the proctologist for you!

it isn't worth the risk, your immune system will fail and you can get so sick that you can die.

you need a doctor not suggestions from any of us.

I have done the same thing and all I can recommend is Cameo Stainless Steel Cleaner and LOTS of elbow grease.

if you don't want to go to the vet, you'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

healing will take a looong time.

you have to choose a sorotrity that fits YOU...not someone else's idea of what is "cool".

all of the members of the D Crew are gonna deny knowing me.

you need to address the own dyfunction in your family and figure out why your brother and sister won't have anything to do with her.

Haruki Murakami is a great writer worth reading.

but I had a dream you were in the other night. Yeah, I know it's weird.

just like every other species on Earth, humans also have an optimum average age of death - one that promotes the health and diversity of those ecosystems of which you are a part.

couldn't it be time for the Knicks to be bad enough to get in the lottery and have a chance at some prime young talent?

I got in line, and when it came my turn to speak, I realized I had absolutely nothing to say. A thousand eyes were me as I stepped up to the microphone.

all i was thinking was boring (z.z.z.z.)

there's now no reason for me to keep a weblog.

as we get older, we become forgetful, and easily confused.

15 is a blink of an eye when you are as old, make that mature, as I am.

I love you!" Crap! Why did she have to ruin a perfect morning with that mess?

as someone who loses a lot of things all the time, most creative efforts are better the second try and starting completely fresh can be the best thing that ever happened to an artist.

I just want a large cup of coffee.

I have to tell you, anyone dumb enough to smoke marijuana while they're locked up in a jail cell, deserves whatever consequences they may suffer as a result of doing something so stupid.

speaking from the business perspective, if the oil was not there, we would not be there.

even at a fiscal 2005 budget request of $402 billion -- plus unspecified additional billions for deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan -- the Defense Department is underfunded.

we (the USA) are using radioactive weapons. We have been doing it for years.

regarding your Scooter Libby comment... Take away the emotion & partisanship. Whether or not Libby should have been tried in the first place has no relevance (judicially speaking) to why he was convicted: He lied under oath.

my opinion is that the smell in your mother’s refrigerator was caused by your mother.



but...

(CROSSTALK)

SCARBOROUGH: Unfortunately, there‘s a hard break coming up. I appreciate you being with us. Thanks.




[The above torrent of unspeakables was inspired by the caption to this photo, forwarded to me exactly 19 weeks ago by a member of, among many other groups, the "Flickr Food & Cuisine Around the World" group.]