Thanksgiving Is Ruined

The Personal is Political. The Political is Personal.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
February 13, 2017
 


TiR waited for someone else to pull together the data on a tendency we thought obvious.  Hasn't happen yet.  So here are some data points we found.  Make of them what you will.


in his own words:



Everything in life is luck.

from Portable [DJT]! [DJT] in Your Pocket to go: Over 175 Timeless Quotes . . . (Lifehacker Books)



I've also come to believe in luck.  I've known people who have worked hard and done everything to succeed, and yet it just doesn't seem to happen for them.  I'm not sure what the concrete reasons might be, but it makes me believe in luck to a certain extent.

from Think Like a Champion: An Informal Education In Business and Life, by DJT (Vanguard Press, 2010), pgs. 59-60




[DJT] suspends retail leasing effort: 'I'm in no rush'

The big retail space in [DJT]'s riverfront skyscraper has sat empty so long that the brash New York developer has stopped courting tenants to fill it. . . . 

[DJT] also is looking at two other potential deals in the Chicago area, but declines to provide specifics.

“I don't want to jinx the deal,” he says.






[DJT] negotiated for fifteen months with the city of New Rochelle for rights to develop David's Island. The price was $13 million but [DJT] offered $12,999,999.99: "Being superstitious, I thought I might make it a little bit complicated." 

New York Daily News, 1/12/96, quoted in The World According to [DJT]: An Unauthorized Portrait in His Own Words, by Ken Lawrence & [DJT] (Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2005)






“Well, I’ve really worked on this hard,” [DJT] joked Tuesday morning during an interview with “Fox & Friends” when asked whether he knew who he will vote for.  . . . 

“Well, it’s very exciting,” [DJT] said about Election Day. “You know, I’ve spoken to you folks for a lot during our very successful primaries. Oftentimes, every single one I was speaking to you in the morning so I’m a little bit superstitious. So when you said, 'please call,' I said I’ll call. But I won many primaries speaking to you first thing in the morning, so I’m gonna keep that string going.”






People ask me what happened to my signature red power ties.  Nothing.  i still have them; I just like going the gamut now.  . . . I also happen to be a little superstitious.  For example, I had been thinking that red ties brought me luck, so I kept wearing them.  Then one day when I was wearing a big, bright red tie, I got creamed in a court decision.  After that, I decided no more red ties for a while.

from [T]: Think Like aBillionaire: Everything You Need to Know About Success, Real Estate, and Life, by DJT & Meredith McIver (Random House, 2004)




 I used to wear red ties all the time and I had a lot of good luck, and then one day I got creamed in a deal I was doing and I was wearing a red tie. After that I don't wear red ties too much anymore. You never blame yourself; you have to blame something else. If you do something bad never, ever blame yourself.