Thanksgiving Is Ruined

The Personal is Political. The Political is Personal.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
April 30, 2022
 


all hail the oldest new



Neighbor 1:  Happy Sunday morning, Neighbor 2.  What are you up to?



Neighbor 2:  Nothing much.  How about you?



N1:  Oh, I am heading off to gather with my like-minded neighbors to worship our creed, Creed X. Want to come along and join us?



N2:  No thanks.  I am a believer in Creed Y.



N1:  But Creed X is what a lot of people around here believe.  And we have for ages!



N2:   That's fine.  But Creed Y -  although this is little known 'round these parts -  is far older.  My ancestors followed it since long before a "Creed X" even existed.  Likewise, my family and relatives do.  So it's my thing.



N1:  But by arriving after Creed Y, Creed X improved upon it.  Creed X is better.



N2:  How do you know it's "better"?



N1:  Well, look how long it's been around!